Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Clay Project

In my clay project I developed are making skills. this project was hard for me because not only did I have to make the container I had to make the fries and the Ketcup packet on the plate. I was very surprised of my outcome, I didn't think I could make all of that by just clay. It took me a lot of time and effort. From Art one I made a pinch pot in art two I made a whole meal which made me very proud. The container was hard adding value to the sides, The french fries were also hard making them look realistic, in the Ketcup packet was hard with all of the detail. 

Also in my clay project I took a lot of risks. I have not use clay that much so I was very scared when trying to use it. not only was the clay modeling part but also the painting was hard to make each piece look realistic. The plate was used with glaze which made it look more shiny,  in the french fries and McDonald's container we're just acrylic paint. The hardest part was the Ketcup packet with the detail because I try to make it look realistic with the highlights. I had to add lowlights where the Ketcup packet folded and had creases. 

in my clay project I solved problems. my original idea was just to start off with the french fries in the box. But then it looked really plain so I had to add Ketcup and  a plate. Each fry was very difficult which caused me to solve problems, I couldn't make them all look the same so I had to add different low lights and highlights to each fry and different colors and values.at first my container looked really plane so I had to make a low lights to make it look more realistic but I was really scared to add darker parts where the shading was because I didn't think it would turn out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment