Thursday, December 18, 2014

mixed media project



For my mixed media project I created original art. I used some inspiration from Pinterest by looking at visualizing journals  and I had some ideas, i struggled a lot in this project because no matter how many projects I looked at getting the concept wasnt clicking for me. In my final project I had no clue what I was doing I just found buildings and had a lot of interesting things within the buildings so I started with s building concept and it turned into buildings and jungle with mountains. 

In my project I took risks. The biggest risk I took was not knowing how to do the project. I had the ideas but everytime I tried they didn't turn out right. I have never worked with mixed media as a project so that was hard. The different ideas in my head was hard because I couldn't put in on paper. I tried to use different materials such as branches and leaves for my first idea of nature but that did not turn out well. With my final I didn't plan on using it for my final. I started using buildings then someone told me I should use a person so Incopperated a person painting a line over the city line. 

I developed art making skills throughout my project. In art one my favorite media was Tissue paper, I love how it layers and you can use it as a base or to cover things. As my base of my project I used black tissue paper to make a dark background. I used pictures from magazines and ripped them up and somehow tried to put them together and make them flow. In the end I was happy with out it turned out. I used gesso to lighten certain parts if I felt it was too bold or to dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment