Wednesday, December 3, 2014

close-up drawing


I took risks and my close-up project.  I didn't really know what I was doing. I just had a lot of colors and had an idea and started.  I had an inspiration for the picture but it was still hard. I wasn't sure how to make the shapes of the thorns but I made it look more balenced by using different sized and having different shades, and using different positions. 

I made original art by using my imagination when it came to the thorns. I liked how blue and green complemented eachother so I wanted to do blue thorns and added different shades and hues which made the thorns have different texture adding a visual appeal. There were darker parts towards the base which was the shadow 

how I developed my art making skill?  I had to make sure each thorn didn't look like it was going the same way or that each thorn was the same, I had to had a shadow on them. and on the branch I had to add different colors and high lights in the middle and darker parts closer to the thorns. in the thorn it was lighter and darker towards the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment