Thursday, November 20, 2014

Candy blog

Working on my Peppermint drawing I found it much harder then others. I did not like working with chalk at all. You can tell every little mistake I made. When trying to brush off the dust it got all over the place and made it very messy. I was very disappointed with how my final turned out because my sketch was so much better in my opinion, what made this one so hard was trying to make the wrapper look like it is on the candy. 

With my Jolly Rancher Drawing it was also difficult but I enjoyed doing. Working with Oil Pastels was difficult because the oils wouldn't blend well together which made it very hard to look realistic. My jolly Rancher was blue which means I had to use a light blue and white for highlights and using the darker blue, red, and black in some spots to represent the darker parts because since the object was 3D it has high lights and the darker parts. I did like using the oil pastels better than chalk because the oil you could control it better  and it wasn't that messy.  

The last project we did was the Dum Dum with Prisma colors. This was my favorite because with the pencils I could control it better and add value to the specific places. It was hard getting the   perspective with the wrapper and the lollipop, also the words on the wrapper  going toward the top and having value in the rapper even though the wrapper is just white, but including the creases.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment