Sunday, June 1, 2014

blog 6

Artist Develop Art Making Skills 
we had to make a pinch pot made out of clay. I have never used clay before in my art so this was something new. This project taught me a lot. I learned a lot of art techniques. I learned how to make sure the clay was just a little damp because it made the clay easier to art with. Clay art was something I have never been use to before. This project was very fun and I enjoyed it. I didn't think it would turn our good but I ended up liking my pinch pot a lot. I can see myself  using clay more for my art. 

Artist Communicate Through Their Work 
for my pot I wanted it to be used for something good. My brother and his girlfriend just grauated from ECU and they just moved back to Cary. I love the way purple and yellow contrast. so for my project I wanted to make something ECU that they could use. Since I had to make a pinch pot I turned that into a small bowl. I created my work personalized by painting it purple with yellow dots to represent ECU 

Artist Take Risks 
 For my other project I wanted to create a scarf. I knew the best way for me to make a scarf was to finger knit. I finger knitted a scarf but the problem was it was very skinny. It was too skinny to be a scarf. So I wanted to make it look better. I got thicker yarn and weaved it in the scarf. Then that looked really ugly so instead of a scarf it turned out to be a very stylish doorknob cover. I used my creatitivity and made it the doorknob cover. Now doors can be opened with style.

No comments:

Post a Comment